X-ray reveals 4lbs of stones, bottle caps and coins in stomach of man ‘who ATE them to calm anxiety’

X-ray reveals 4lbs of stones, bottle caps and coins in stomach of man 'who ATE them to calm anxiety'

DOCTORS have pulled 2kg of stones, bottle caps and coins from a man’s stomach, after he went to hospital with belly pain.
When the 54-year-old sought help from medics, they noticed that he was bloated.
American Journal of Medical Case Reports A man sought medical attention for a belly ache…which was caused by him eating a load of random objects
Docs had a feel of the problem area and found “something resembling small stones” when they touched his belly.
Scans then showed a massive build-up of objects that were occupying the patient’s entire stomach.
When questioned about his stomach mass, the South Korean patient admitted to often swallowing coins and pebbles whenever he felt anxious – despite taking anti-anxiety drugs to calm him down.Adults with learning disabilities are more at risk of swallowing foreign objects
The man, believed to be from Goyang (near the capital Seoul), was born with a learning disability.
Published by Dr Pyong Wha Choi in the American Journal of Medical Case Reports, medics reported that they first tried to remove the objects using a gastroscopy – where a thin tube is inserted into the stomach via the mouth.
But there were simply too many objects to remove so that approach didn’t work.
The next day, surgeons decided to extract the foreign objects one-by-one.
They found that they included pebbles, coins and bottle caps.
“Surgery was inevitable”
Dr Choi wrote: “Surgery was inevitable as there were too many foreign bodies to extract using endoscopy.”
After nine days in hospital, the patient was allowed to go home but it’s still unclear how long all of that debris had been in his system.
His medical records stated that he had past form eating non-edibles.
American Journal of Medical Case Reports It turned out that the guy had ingested 4lbs worth of stones and bottle caps
American Journal of Medical Case Reports He had a learning difficulty and had previously sought help for swallowing foreign objects
American Journal of Medical Case Reports His entire stomach was full of non-food items
GUT FEELING Athlete nearly dies when toothpick punctures artery weeks after he swallowed it SHAMELESS OAP’s ‘inappropriate masturbating’ in front of family caused by ‘silent’ stroke WarningBUNGED UP Man develops ‘megacolon’ and has entire bowel removed after severe constipation EYE SAY! Woman mistakenly prescribed erectile dysfunction cream for dry EYES left in agony DEADLY MISTAKE Woman dies after ‘anxiety attack’ turns out to be RABIES from dog bite THAT’S NUTS Woman ‘catches peanut allergy’ from donor after lung transplant EYE OPENER Even having a NAP in your contact lenses ‘increases risk of dangerous infection’ WHAT A CHORE! Woman left with gangrenous black fingers from cut while doing housework Warningsew amazing Doctors STITCH man’s severed forearm back on – and he can still use it JAW DROPPING Man with rare case of shingles in his MOUTH plagued by painful tingling lips BALL ACHE Man STRANGLES penis with steel ball bearings causing it to rot after sex game KILLER BUG Man dies after eating SQUIRREL BRAINS triggered rare form of mad cow disease
Dr Choi wrote: “Once the foreign bodies pass through the oesophagus, symptoms associated with the foreign body is rare.
“In the present case, even though the patient did not complain of vomiting, the large number of pebbles and coins in his stomach caused him abdominal pain.”
He remarked that swallowing foreign bodies tended to be something more common in adults with learning difficulties and psychiatric disorders.

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here