THE schoolgirl who died during a family holiday to Spain after an apparent severe allergic reaction to ice-cream has been named locally as Habiba Chishti.
The nine-year-old’s grieving family were due to fly back to Britain today from the Costa del Sol with her body ahead of her funeral.
Photodisc – Getty The girl had been on holiday with her family in Mijas, Costa Del Sol
Well-wishers in the family-of-fours home town in Halifax, West Yorkshire, have paid tribute to the youngster on social media and spoken of their shock at the death.
The youngster, believed to attend a private school in the city, died on Monday at a hospital in Malaga, two days after being rushed from her holiday resort in an ambulance when she went into suspected anaphylactic shock.
She had only just checked into a beachside resort in Mijas near Fuengirola earlier the same day with her parents and two siblings before making the short trip to a nearby shopping centre where she is believed to have eaten her ice-cream.
I can’t believe I won’t see her singing and dancing and that cheeky smile of hers anymoreShaheen Ul-Haq
Her father has been named locally as dentist Wajid Chishti.
Halifax Muslim Community Announcements, a group set up to spread news of the Muslim Community within Halifax, said on its Facebook page: “Our little Habiba Chishti, daughter of Dr Wajid Chishti. May Allah bless her soul.”
It described him in a separate post as a dentist.
Shaheen Ul-Haq responded by writing: “Very heart breaking news.
Habiba, her brother and sister used to go swimming with my son and niece every weekend. She was in his class.
BODY FLOWN BACK TODAY
“I can’t believe I won’t see her singing and dancing and that cheeky smile of hers anymore.”
She added: “I can’t begin to imagine what her mum is going through.”
A source close to the family confirmed they were flying back to Britain today with her body.
Unconfirmed local reports said the family had also made arrangements to bury her today in the UK.
Fuengirola Mosque, who are known to have been in contact with the youngster’s loved ones, said they could not comment.
The family were staying at Club La Costa World, a sprawling holiday resort overlooking the Med a short drive from Fuengirola.
The dead girl had a nut and possibly a milk allergy, according to well-respected Malaga paper Sur.
Although initial local reports pointed to the girl eating the ice-cream at her holiday complex, resort managers later issued a press statement saying she had eaten the ice-cream elsewhere.
PARK & SNIDE Mum trolled for leaving kids in car outside Morrisons slams ‘snowflakes’ WELCOME TO C**P TOWN Has your home town made the list of worst places to live in England? HOOKED ON HORROR GHOUL Sick teen, 16, who murdered Alesha, 6, was obsessed with Slender Man ALL ALONE Toddler found wandering streets alone in nappy while mum ‘scored drug deal’ ExclusiveOFF HIS BREAD! Worker sacked over failed drugs test ’caused by Aldi loaf of bread’ THE LAST GOODBYE Mum cradles her dead son, 29, after he dies of fentanyl drug overdose
A judicial investigation has been opened by a duty court in Malaga.
Court sources have been unable so far to offer any information on the state of the probe.
It is not yet clear if the girl’s parents have any grounds to file a formal complaint over the incident and have already done so.
Getty Images – Getty The girl was pronounced dead at Materno Infantil Hospital in Malaga on Monday
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.