Nigerian government to continue fighting Takfiri Boko Haram despite release of 21 Chibok girls

File photo shows Nigeria’s Information Minister Lai Mohammed (Photo by AFP) The Nigerian government says the military operation against Boko Haram will continue even though the Takfiri militant group released several of girls who had been held captive for more than two years. Nigeria’s Information Minister Lai Mohammed said Thursday that Boko Haram’s release of […]

Continue Reading
Michelle Obama was one of hundreds of celebrities and high-profile figures to lend their support to the #BringBackOurGirls campaign.

The failure of #BringBackOurGirls: Boko Haram kidnapped 276 girls two years ago. What happened to them?

Two years ago, just before midnight on a sweltering night in a town in northeastern Nigeria, men carrying AK-47s stormed into the Chibok Government Secondary School. What happened next would bring global attention to the Islamist group Boko Haram, which had been haunting Nigeria for years. It would unite activists around the world, including first […]

Continue Reading