Samsung Galaxy S6 ‘explodes in hand’ of hero Brit solider

Samsung Galaxy S6 'explodes in hand' of hero Brit solider

AN ex-solider who was blown up serving in Afghanistan claims his Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone caught fire in the palm of his hand.
Dr Jacob Cohen, 40, from Thorntree, said the back of the Android handset ‘flew off and caught fire’ when he attempted to manually reset the device.
A Middlesborough man says his Samsung smartphone caught fire in the palm of his hand
Jacob Cohen0, 40, a doctor and ex-soldier, says he suffered burns after trying to perform a routine task on his Samsung Galaxy S6
Dad and ex-soldier Jacob shared photos of his burned hand after the incident.
He told his local newspaper that it ‘started glowing and there were flames coming out the back’, adding: “I couldn’t believe it…luckily there’s no damage to our house.”
Dr Cohen, who served in the British Army and had to have a foot amputated after being blown up in Afghanistan, revealed he bought the phone off eBay before Christmas.
He said he attempted to restart it because it had stopped working and was speaking out in the hope that other Samsung customers wouldn’t suffer a similar fate.
Samsung is no stranger to so-called ‘exploding phone’ scandals.
The South Korea electronics gigant had to recall one of its 2016 flagships, the Galaxy Note 7, after battery faults led to it catching fire.
MOMO NO-NO How to BLOCK Momo ‘suicide creature’ if it is texted to your kids on WhatsApp ENTER THE DRAGON Elon Musk’s SpaceX carries out first test of Crew Dragon rocket with NASA CORE OF THE PROBLEM? Apple engineer says pressure to design iPhone is reason I’m divorced ExclusiveBENDY BLOWER Apple ‘experimenting with FOLDABLE iPhone in secret design labs for years’ NICE LITTLE ERNIE Premium Bonds computer with quantum tech could make you a millionaire
That device was even banned from a number of major airlines as a result of the problem, though there’s no evidence that the Galaxy S6 suffered from a similarly widespread issue.
But the tech titan stormed back in 2017 with the Galaxy Note 8, and most recently launched three new Galaxy S10 mobiles as well as the Galaxy Fold foldable phone.
A Samsung spokesperson said the company was conducting a “thorough investigation” of the incident, adding that it took “customer queries and safety extremely seriously.”
Jacob Cohen, 40, served in Afghanistan and had his foot amputated after being bombed

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here