Newborn baby boy rushed to hospital with ‘singed scalp’ after using 65p bottle of Aldi bath wash

0
45
Newborn baby boy rushed to hospital with 'singed scalp' after using 65p bottle of Aldi bath wash



A NEWBORN baby was rushed to hospital with a “singed scalp” after allegedly using a 65p bottle of Aldi bath wash.
The boy’s mum, from Teesside, claims he started to scream and shake after using Aldi’s Mamia Bed Time Bath.
Supplied to Sun Online A newborn baby was rushed to hospital with a ‘singed scalp’ after allegedly using a 65p bottle of Aldi bath wash
But just moments later the three-month-old became completely unresponsive and went floppy in her arms.
He was taken to hospital by ambulance and thankfully later made a full recovery.
His 25-year-old mum, who wishes to remain anonymous, has reported the scare to Aldi and wants other parents to be aware.SINGLED SCALP
Posting a snap of her baby’s red scalp on Facebook, she wrote: “At the end of his bath I lathered some up in the water and used it to give him a wash over just like usual and rinsed his hair with it.
“Minutes later he started screaming out of control, shaking, screaming.
“When all the front of his scalp had completely dried out it looked singed.
“Due to me thinking his scalp was burnt, a huge rash and massive irritation, I lathered Sudocrem and he instantly settled.
“I knew his scalp must have then felt burnt and the Sudocrem had soothed it, so I rang 111 to see about going and getting him checked over.
“They asked me to keep him awake and check his breathing etc, they dispatched an ambulance and said to ring 999 if he became seriously worse.
I actually thought he was dying in my arms”I tried to keep a clear head but every moment seemed like an age.Mum
“Just moments later he became completely unresponsive, floppy lost all his colour and very clammy we couldn’t rouse him at all for well over five minutes.
“We rang 999 who told me to put him in the recovery position until the ambulance arrived and blue lighted him to North Tees Hospital.”
The mum said the ordeal was terrifying and believes the bottle she bought may have been from a faulty batch.
She told Teeside Live: “I actually thought he was dying in my arms
“I tried to keep a clear head but every moment seemed like an age.
“A little baby had a traumatic time and I don’t want another to go through that.
“Aldi are more than happy that I have brought this to their attention as they can investigate and proceed with recalling the batch of product.”
SUICIDE WARNING What is Momo and how can parents protect their children? say no no to momo Expert advice on how to keep children safe from online suicide game Momo WarningLEFT FOR DEAD Cruel thugs slice puppy’s mouth open like Batman villain The Joker TWISTED PALS Alesha MacPhail’s killer is pals with mum who groomed girl for paedo website ‘HE STRANGLED ME’ Girl, 10, ‘pretended to be dead to stop boy, 16, raping her on way home’ ON THE RUN Brit traveller from family who terrorised NZ ‘flees on someone else’s passport’
Aldi said it had not changed the formula of the product and that all such items were rigorously tested before sale.
A spokesperson said: “We are sorry to hear of (the customer’s) experience and would like to reassure her that there has been no change to the formulation of this product since it launched two years ago.
“All of our baby and toddler products are rigorously tested before going on sale, but as with all cosmetic products, it is possible to develop an intolerance to a particular ingredient.
“We have spoken with (the customer) and have asked to receive a sample of the product so we can investigate this fully with our supplier.”
Aldi The boy’s mum, from Teesside, claims he started to scream and shake after using Aldi’s Mamia Bed Time Bath

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here