Man addicted to swallowing NAILS has 116 removed from his stomach by docs

0
24
Man addicted to swallowing NAILS has 116 removed from his stomach by docs



A MAN is likely to be alive after swallowing over 100 needle-sharp nails.
Surgeons had to remove the massive metallic load during a stomach-churning op which also found that he had a taste for metal wires too.
News Lions A mentally ill man had over 100 nails removed from his stomach
Bhola Shankar, from Bundi, India was incredibly lucky that nothing had pierced his stomach.
While in hospital, docs also found that the 43-year-old had other pieces of metal present inside his body – but couldn’t explain how.Mentally unwell
After being brought in and X-rayed, Bhoda was diagnosed as being mentally unwell.
He’s thought to be a schizophrenic who had kept his bizarre eating habits a secret from his family.
Dr Anil Saini, who led the doctors during the unusual operation, said it was the first case of its kind in the Rajasthan region of the country.
Because of its unusual nature, they filmed a video of the operation, which showed nails being removed from Bhola’s intestines.
Lucky to be alive
Dr Anil also revealed that the patient had been swallowing wires and “other sharp metal objects”.
“The patient is not able to narrate how the nails ended up in his intestine,” he explained.
“He is lucky the sharp objects did not puncture his organs or it could have proved fatal.”
Bhola’s brother said that he’d been on medications for a mental health complaint for the past two and a half decades.
He’s now said to be recovering well.
In 2017, surgeons found over 100 pieces of metal in a Frenchman’s stomach – including knives, nails and screws.
THE BOY WHO CRIES BLOOD Man horrified when he starts crying bloody tears spontaneously BUZZ OFF Buzzing in boy’s ear turned out to be a TICK that had burrowed in his eardrum WarningHUMAN KEBAB Scans show metal bar pierced builder’s body from his scrotum to his head SPOT HORROR Man’s face erupts in nasty pustules after catching deadly fungal infection OVERGROWN Woman’s teeth ‘disappear’ as killer ‘strawberry gum’ disease engulfs her smile WARNING SIGN Woman with bizarre ‘tie-dye’ rash discovers it’s a rare sign of anal cancer WarningGREEN FINGERS Farmer catches horrendous ‘gardener’s disease’ that ‘ate away at his arm’ INFESTATION Scans show HUNDREDS of tapeworm eggs burrowing through man’s brain and body WarningEYE SORE Grim photos show giant white lump growing on man’s eyeball after cataract op WarningBREATHTAKING Man’s nose bleed is actually grim parasitic infection he caught from pond HARD TO SWALLOW Man branded a murderer until doc found TOOTHPICK punctured partner’s throat FULL UP Docs remove 1ft of OAP’s bowel after it nearly ‘exploded’ from severe constipation
Again, the 52-year-old suffered from mental health issues and although he was undergoing treatment for his psychosis at the time, he still swallowed metal objects.
Medics found nails, knives, screws, nuts, spoon handles, a screwdriver head, washer, pebbles, coins and iron wire inside the man.
The man swallowed pieces of metal so frequently that they formed what is called a bezoar – an accumulation of foreign bodies formed of partially digested or non-digested material in the stomach.
News Lions He’d swallowed 116 iron nails but couldn’t tell doctors how or why
News Lions His brother told docs that he has been on medication for a mental condition for over 25 years
News Lions Bhola is thought to be a schizophrenic
News Lions Surgeons said he was incredibly lucky that nothing he’d eaten had punctured his belly
 

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here