Girl, 9, who died after eating ice cream on Spain family holiday pictured as heartbroken family claim vendor said there were NO nuts in the dessert

0
54
Girl, 9, who died after eating ice cream on Spain family holiday pictured as heartbroken family claim vendor said there were NO nuts in the dessert



THIS is the young girl who tragically died on a Spanish family holiday after suffering an suspected allergic reaction to nuts in an ice cream.
Habiba Chishti, 9, passed away just hours after arriving on the Costa del Sol during a family holiday with her dentist father, Wajid Chishti, mum, and siblings.
Nut allergy sufferer Habiba Chishti, 9, passed away after eating an ice cream while on holiday in Spain
Relatives and friends said prayers at their local Jamia Mosque Madni today.
An uncle said: “Habiba knew about the nut allergy and was very careful. Her dad was on top of it and this has never happened before.
“They had asked the ice cream place whether they had any nuts and they had been told not.”
A cousin of Habiba said: “Habiba had a nut allergy, but she was fine with dairy products and ice cream. We are still not sure her eating the ice cream was the cause of her death, and we are not sure if she ate all the ice cream anyway.”
Another uncle, Zafar Chishti, 49, said: “It is all very sad and we can’t understand what has happened.”
Dr Christi is a dentist who runs Wajid Azam & Associates, in Halifax. His sister Rasheeda Azam is also a dentist at the practice.
New’s of the Habiba’s passing on Wednesday spread quickly through the Muslim community of Halifax, with many expressing sorrow and condolences for the family.
Halifax Muslim Community Announcements, a group set up to spread news of the Muslim Community within Halifax, said on its Facebook page: “Our little Habiba Chishti, daughter of Dr Wajid Chishti. May Allah bless her soul.”
I can’t believe I won’t see her singing and dancing and that cheeky smile of hers anymoreShaheen Ul-Haq
The girl, who has not yet been officially named, is believed to have eaten an ice cream bought from the Miramar shopping centre near to the Club la Costa World resort complex in Mijas, where the family had arrived on Saturday.
The youngster, believed to attend a private school in the city, reportedly went into anaphylactic shock around 9pm on the day of her arrival and was rushed by ambulance to the Costa del Sol Hospital near Marbella.
She was revived, but suffered another cardiorespiratory arrest and was taken to Materno Infantil Hospital in Malaga at midnight, according to a spokesperson from the Costa del Sol hospital.
A fellow hotel guest said he saw the young girl “on the floor” outside his hotel room on Saturday evening.
The guest said: “I’ve been inside all day today getting my head around it – you just hope it doesn’t happen to one of your kids.
“They just flew out here to enjoy their half-term.”
The mall where the child is believed to have eaten the ice cream has both an ice cream parlour and a frozen yogurt vendor.
Family friend Shaheen Ul-Haq paid tribute online, saying: “Very heart breaking news.
“Habiba, her brother and sister used to go swimming with my son and niece every weekend. She was in his class. I can’t believe I won’t see her singing and dancing and that cheeky smile of hers anymore.”
Another friend wrote: “Wajid and family I am so sorry to hear of your loss, may your memories always be with you x.”
LatestUNMASKED Teen who raped & killed Alesha is cat-torturing Fortnite addict desperate for fame LOVED TILL THE END Dad died with baby son in his arms after 12-hour cocaine and booze binge monster Alesha’s killer caught on mum’s CCTV returning home to shower after rape & murder NO-GO ZONE ISIS bride uses ‘sick’ baby to try to get in UK & says he can’t go without her TARGET Alesha MacPhail’s killer ‘has price on his head’ after rape and murder of girl, six FAKE GOO GOOS Teen couple who ‘were so poor they lived on dry toast lied about pregnancy’
It is not yet clear if the girl’s parents have any grounds to file a formal complaint over the incident, or whether or not they have already done so.
A respected Spanish newspaper reported the girl had been taken to the Instituto de Medicina Legal de Malaga for an autopsy on Tuesday, and an investigation has been launched into the cause of death.
Court sources have been unable so far to offer any information on the state of the probe.
Olive Press Spain The girl is believed to have eaten an ice cream bought from the Miramar shopping centre near to the Club la Costa World resort complex in Mijas
Olive Press Spain The Miramar shopping mall is roughly a 30-minute walk from the hotel where the family were staying
Solarpix There is an ice cream parlour and frozen yogurt stall at the mall where the child is believed to have had an allergic reaction
Olive Press Spain The family had reportedly been staying at the resort in Mijas since Saturday
Olive Press Spain A guest who was staying beside the resort’s Safari restaurant said he saw the child lying outside his room
Olive Press Spain A neighbour at the resort said she saw the child lying on the ground at the resort
Getty Images – Getty The girl was pronounced dead at Materno Infantil Hospital in Malaga on Monday
Photodisc – Getty The girl had been on holiday with her family in Mijas, Costa Del Sol
Solarpix :Nearby Miramar Shopping centre in Fuengirola is believed to be where the child ate an ice cream before she fell ill and died

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here