CONOR MCGREGOR has challenged “actress” Mark Wahlberg to a fight over the Hollywood star’s UFC shares less than a week after he announced his retirement.
The 30-year-old stunned the world when he quit MMA on Tuesday – but has now threatened to “smack around” the Fighter star’s brothers.
Conor McGregor has lined up Mark Wahlberg as his next opponent
The Irishman took to Twitter to lay down the gauntlet for the 47-year-old, saying: “I’ve decided to challenge Hollywood actress Mark Wahlberg next. A fight for all the shares!”
When someone joked that calling out Wahlberg isn’t a good idea as they had seen his film “Four Brothers”, McGregor replied: “I’ll smack him and his 4 brothers around.”
He added: “It wouldn’t be the first crew of brothers I’ve smacked around. Check the history books. The UFC history books.”
It wouldn’t be the first crew of brothers I’ve smacked aroundConor McGregor
McGregor has long expressed interest in becoming business partners with the UFC – but despite being the sports biggest star, there has yet to be a direct link up in MMA.
In 2017, he launched “McGregor Sports and Entertainment Ltd” and partnered the UFC in his boxing cameo against Floyd Mayweather, which he lost in August.
Fans have accused the Notorious of deploying a negotiation tactic to try and gain part-ownership after Dana White insisted he must buy his way in like everybody else.
McGregor lost via a fourth-round submission at UFC 229 at the T-Mobile Arena in Nevada last October and has not fought since.
The Irishman’s six-month suspension he received for his part in the UFC 229 post-fight brawl with Khabib Nurmagomedov expires in April.
McGregor looked set to make his octagon return against veteran Donald Cerrone between April and July and revealed he would co-main event if he was given shares.
He said: “If they want me to push that and I have no problem with pushing that, give me my rightful shares in the UFC company. That’s all I ask.
“You can put me on the first fight of ESPN+, no problem … let’s see how it goes … but I’m still prepared and ready to fight.”
ExclusivePICKING A FIGHT England’s Jordan Pickford filmed in vicious pub brawl after booze binge TERRY TOWN Inside John Terry’s booming ‘£47m’ property business of 4 luxury mansions VideoPul a fast one Female reporter kissed by Pulev later filmed partying with shamed boxer ExclusiveREDS BLOOD Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was a massive Liverpool fan growing up VIN’S WIN Vinicius ‘dating reality TV beauty’ as fans spot pair’s selfies in same bathroom PicturedHE’S A Schu in Mick Schumacher, 20, follows dad as he sits in Ferrari for first F1 test
Wahlberg said in 2016 that he is willing to give the star some of his shares saying Conor was at the time “the face of the UFC,” before later rescinding the offer.
McGregor sparked rumours he could return to boxing this week after posting sparring pictures, a sport Wahlberg trained heavily in for his role in 2010’s The Fighter.
The gym-obsessed actor is known for his impressive physique and revealed his own crazy workout schedule earlier this year which sees him get up at 2.30am.
Handout Mark Wahlberg underwent heavy boxing training for his role in The Fighter
Dana White has told Conor McGregor to forget being handed part ownership of the UFC