Brain damaged girl wins £10million in compensation — one of the largest ever compensation pay outs by the NHS

0
40
Brain damaged girl wins £10million in compensation — one of the largest ever compensation pay outs by the NHS



A GIRL left severely brain damaged when her birth went wrong has won more than £10million in compensation.
The child, known only as T, suffered a haemorrhage and her brain was starved of oxygen during an attempted forceps delivery.
Refer to Source – Alamy The NHS Foundation Trust admitted liability and accepted the child’s mum had not received an adequate standard of care
She needed extensive resuscitation and underwent therapeutic cooling following the birth at London’s West Middlesex Hospital.
But the traumatic birth left her with severe brain damage, cerebral palsy and a brain injury affecting her sight.
Now aged nine, she is able to walk and feed herself. But she suffers from epilepsy and has only limited means of communication.
JUST ONE PUSH Incredible photo shows the moment mum delivers her own baby still INSIDE his amniotic sac on the front seat of her car Sex Secrets Prostitute who earns £2,000 a week reveals the average penis size … and how much she enjoys work Beauty isn’t skin deep Brave model who suffers from psoriasis that covers most of her body bares her scaly skin MIND BLOWING Rare images of childbirth reveal incredible things that happen to a baby’s head during childbirth ‘It’s the worst case I’ve seen’ Psoriasis sufferer’s leg is left covered in agonising scales with chunks of skin flaking off NOT JUST SPOTS! Six common types of bumps on your skin – and the ones that could be deadly
She needs full-time care and one-to-one support — and will continue to need it for the rest of her life.
Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust admitted liability and accepted that T’s mum had not received an adequate standard of care.
The settlement, one of the NHS’s highest, consists of a lump sum and annual payments. The judge paid tribute to T’s family.
Girl, six, left severely brain-damaged after she was electrocuted by an illuminated handrail at a MGM resort in Maryland

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here