A WOMAN was “burned from the inside out” and left with horrific blisters after a botched facelift.
The patient, who has not been named, suffered second-degree burns following the procedure at a clinic in Taipei, Taiwan.
AsiaWire A woman was left with these horrific blisters all over her face after a botched face lift
AsiaWire The woman, in her 50s, went in to have a non-invasive face lift
She ended up spending three weeks in intensive care being treated and is now said to be covered in dark scars from her burn wounds.
The woman, in her 50s, had visited the unnamed plastic surgery clinic to undergo the sought-after non-surgical “Thermage” treatment.
It’s said to smooth, tighten and contour the skin by using patented radio-frequency technology to heat the deeper layers of the skin, according to the California-based company.
The applied heat causes collagen to contract and encourages new collagen to grow and is said to work after just one treatment – lasting between 30 to 90 minutes.
But after an hour of treatment, the patient reportedly began experiencing a sharp pain on her face before blisters appeared.
If the patient was under general anaesthesia during the procedure, she wouldn’t have been able to give the surgeons feedback in real timeDr Lin Shang-li
She took herself to the hospital and was shocked to discover she had suffered second-degree burns and was put in intensive care.
Medics say she was probably unaware her skin was burning from the inside out.
Doctor Lin Shang-li, who runs the Shang-Li Dermatologic and Aesthetic Clinic in Taiwan’s northern New Taipei City, said the patient came to him for help after her traumatic ordeal.
Dr Shang-li said: “More often than not, it’s caused by the strength of the treatment.
“If the patient was under general anaesthesia during the procedure, she wouldn’t have been able to give the surgeons feedback in real time.
“She wouldn’t have been able to tell them whether it hurt or not, leading to over-treatment and eventually burn injuries.”
POUT OF ORDER ‘Botched’ lip fillers warning as expert says celebs fuel rise in cosmetic ops ELECTRIC NOSE JOB New no-surgery nose job takes just five minutes — using electricity ExclusiveDIY LIPO RAP Surgeon found guilty after sending needles to patient to do lipo on herself ExclusiveBOOT OUT BOTOX Duncan James ditches Botox for hi-tech beauty treatment to ‘preserve looks’ Revealed’I’ll look good in my coffin’ Great gran, 80, has facelift despite risk it could kill her GETTING LIPPY Chloe Ferry and Kylie Jenner among the stars sporting much plumper pouts ExclusiveTOX-HIT Botched botox beautician is gangster’s moll who was jailed in murder case TOXIC OP Model’s boobs swell up as body begins ‘FORCING 9th breast implants out of chest’ DEFYING GRAVITY Chloe Ferry shows off surgically-enhanced bum with backflip on trampoline FACE-OFF Can you guess which of these women spent £59k on their face and which just £10? ExclusivePUMPED UP My D-cup boob ballooned to FOUR times the size after implant ‘exploded’ don’t get lippy Make-up artist dubbed ‘trainwreck’ over £1.3K pout brands bullies ‘jealous’
Dr Shang-li said he would be treating the woman’s face, which is covered in dark scars from her burn wounds.
However, due to her burn injuries, she will need to wait at least two to three months before undergoing any new procedures.
It is unclear whether the patient plans to sue the clinic.
AsiaWire Medics say the woman had no idea the treatment was ‘burning her from the inside out’
AsiaWire She went to hospital where they told her she had suffered second-degree burns during the treatment
AsiaWire This is how the woman’s face looked before the treatment
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at email@example.com or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.