Bomb-making vid which inspired Manchester Arena terrorist is back online as attempts to scrub it from the web fail

0
53
Bomb-making vid which inspired Manchester Arena terrorist is back online as attempts to scrub it from the web fail



A BOMB-MAKING video used by the Manchester Arena terrorist is again being shared online, The Sun can reveal.
The clip which gives instructions on how to make deadly weapons has repeatedly been uploaded to the web.
A bomb-making video has been circulated online again
Experts have warned the video’s reappearance is proof ISIS are still using the internet to find recruits and inspire terror attacks.
The video, presented by a masked fighter, was used as a tutorial by Salman Abedi before he killed 22 people and the Manchester Arena in 2017.
It tells viewers how to create explosives from household ingredients, and how to rig up an electric charge.
The clip also features tips on how best to stab people to death.
As well as Abedi, other terrorists who’ve watched the ISIS propaganda include Munir Mohammed and Rowaida El-Hassan, who met on a Muslim dating site and planned a Christmas bomb attack in Derby.
VIDEO NASTY
Since the Manchester bombing in May 2017, researchers from the Counter Extremism Project have found the video circulating online 24 separate times.
The most recent was last Thursday – the same day ISIS teen Shamima Begum broke her cover for the first time.
The tutorial was uploaded to Anonfile, a file-sharing website which allows users to remain totally anonymous.
Site bosses removed the clip after being alerted to it by the CEP.
Former Foreign Office minister Mark Simmonds, an adviser to the think-tank, said the video was a sign of the danger ISIS still poses to the public.
He told The Sun: “The re-upload of this notorious bomb-making video shows that ISIS, despite their supposed defeat, are still active online, seeking to radicalise and inspire more despicable attacks.
“Salman Abedi gained crucial know-how from this video, and there is a real danger others will do the same.
TERROR WARNING Jihadi teen could launch terror attacks in UK if she comes back, Javid warns LET HER BACK Diane Abbott claims stripping jihadi teen’s passport is breach of human rights ExclusiveWHERE CREDIT’S DUE 4m set for £3k Universal Credit boost – but others plunged into poverty ExclusiveKICK IN THE BALLOTS 2nd Brexit vote chief given £9m contract to run London elections WAGE WAR Get the lowdown on the National Living Wage and the amount you are entitled to VOTE SNATCHERS New Independent Group ‘would win one in seven votes in a general election’
“Tech platforms need to be held to a one-hour limit to find and remove terrorist content, and employ hashing technology to ensure it can be identified quickly and further uploads prevented.”
The EU has vowed to introduce Europe-wide laws which would require web firms to take down terrorist content within an hour.
But rogue Eurocrats – including Labour MEP Julie Ward – have blocked the measures from taking effect so far.
AFP Salman Abedi used the video to teach him how to make a bomb
Reuters Experts say ISIS is still recruiting online
Jeremy Corbyn says that Shamima Begum has a ‘right to return to the UK’

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online politics team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here