Aaron Campbell caught on his mum’s CCTV after raping and killing Alesha MacPhail, 6

Aaron Campbell caught on his mum's CCTV after raping and killing Alesha MacPhail, 6

This is the chilling moment Aaron Campbell crept into his mother’s house to shower after raping and murdering six-year-old Alesha MacPhail.
Campbell, 16, was caught on CCTV leaving his family home on the Isle of Bute at 1.54am on July 2, before he abducted the little girl from her bed and subjected her to horrific abuse.
He was then seen returning home at 3.35am to shower, and ten minutes later was spotted leaving again wearing nothing but a pair of shorts.

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5

Aaron Campbell, 16, was named as the monster who killed Alesha MacPhail (Picture: SWNS)

Alesha MacPhail, 6, was subjected to horrific abuse before her death (Picture: Facebook)He then returned at 3.52am, only to leave once more six minutes later carrying a torch.
Campbell then arrived home for the final time at 4.02am, just over two hours before Alesha’s family reported her missing.
Heartache for family after ‘highly unusual’ disappearance of daughter, 19Her body was discovered dumped in woodland that same morning, and a post-mortem determined she had suffered 117 separate injuries.
Pathologist John Williams agreed the injuries to her private parts were ‘catastrophic’ – more severe than any he had ever seen before, and were at least partially inflicted while she was still alive.
Her cause of death was given as ‘forceful pressure to her neck and face.’

Campbell was caught on his mum’s CCTV returning home (Picture: PA)

He was spotted leaving wearing nothing but a pair of shorts after returning to shower following his vile crimes (Picture: PA)Campbell tried to claim the killer was the girlfriend of Alesha’s dad, but the CCTV crucially showed his movements.
His mother, Janette Campbell, 54, said her heart sank when she reviewed the CCTV and realised her son was involved with Alesha’s disappearance.
Girl, 13, found hanged could have been saved as coroner rules out suicide‘I looked and saw him coming home,’ she told The Scottish Sun.
‘I hadn’t seen him leave so I rewound it a wee bit. He went out about 1.57am and he came back around 3am, so he was out for a good hour.
‘When he got home, he stripped off, left all of his clothes at his backside in the bathroom and then he went out again in shorts.
‘My heart dropped a bit when I saw that. I thought, “Where’s he going?” I waited for my friend to finish work and said to her, “Look, I’ve gone through that CCTV from the time that you’ve said and he has gone out and come back”.

Campbell will be sentenced next month

Alesha had been staying with her family for the holidays (Picture: Facebook)‘She said, “Well, you better phone the police”.’
She added that she had quizzed him on his dirty feet, but he claimed he had been outside looking for his mobile phone.
Ms Campbell then called the police investigating the sick crime in the hope her boy would be eliminated from inquiries, without realising the horrors he had inflicted on little Alesha.
Campbell, who will be sentenced next month, was found guilty on Thursday following a nine-day trial at the High Court in Glasgow.
The jury took only three-hours to find him responsible.
Reporting restrictions were lifted today allowing the press to name Campbell after a judge described him as being behind some of the ‘wickedest, most evil crimes this court has ever heard’.
Lord Matthews was told it would be ‘naive’ to think Campbell’s identity is not already known among members of the Bute community and at Polmont Young Offenders Institute.
He added: ‘I can’t think of a case in recent times that has attracted such revulsion.’


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here