It is important to note that social bookmarking can
introduce sites to others with relevant tastes, drive traffic to your
site, and valuable backlinks. The positive effects of social bookmarking for publishers of news
sites, blogs, and other web sites is outstanding. Some social bookmark sites like
Propeller.com pass on link juice, while some use the NoFollow attribute.
But do not let the use of NoFollow fool you, the search engines are
looking beyond the incoming links from social bookmarking sites to gauge
their value to their search indexes. The external metadata compiled via
user generated descriptions, tags, titles and categorization is
incredibly valued by the search engines, as in the same philosophy as
anchored backlinks, descriptive content about a web site defined by the
users of that site who are not associated with the marketing or coding
of that site, can be extremely powerful in gauging the importance and
relevance of the content and tags which are used on that site.
show how a site is perceived, and when these sites allow voting, they
also show the engines or whatever classification system which monitors
voting, how people feel about the quality of the site. Furthermore,
social bookmarking can introduce a site to the search engines, as in
some cases, people may find and bookmark a site or a site’s internal
pages before a search engine can find those pages via another form of
Monitoring social bookmarking services like Delicious and StumbleUpon help search engines in multiple ways by:
- Indexing Sites Faster : Humans bookmark sites launched by their friends or colleagues before a search engine bot can find them.
- Deeper Indexing
: Many pages bookmarked are deep into sites and sometimes not as easily
linked to by others, found via bad or nonexistent site navigation or
linked to from external pages.
- Measuring Quality :
Essentially if more users bookmark a page, the more quality and
relevance that site has. A site with multiple bookmarks across multiple
bookmarking services by multiple users is much more of an authority than
a site with only several bookmarks by the same user.
- External Meta Data
: Users who bookmark sites tag them with keywords and descriptions
which add an honest and unbiased definition which is created by the
public and not the owner of the site.
- Co Citation :
Social bookmarking sites tend to categorize sites and pages based upon
the tags used by humans to describe the site; therefore search
algortihms can classify these sites with their peers.
- Number of Votes
: Similar to the number of bookmarks, the more votes a page receives on
Digg or Reddit, the more useful that information usually is. If the
same page receives multiple votes across multiple social news voting
sites, the higher quality the site.
- Categorization :
Like Co Citation, categorization can help define the subject of a site,
therefore better helping the engine address searcher intent.
help share the wealth of social bookmarking, I’ve put together a list
of 125 social bookmarking sites, some of which are very popular and
others which are newer or somewhat unheard of. But besides targeting the
major social bookmarking sites, you will find some diamonds in the
rough which are niche oriented or treated well by Google and other
How to use Social Bookmarking Sites?
- Register or Connect via social media accounts
- Submit your link, description, tags, title
- And you’re done
I am not going to show you the process of submitting as I assume you have enough knowledge to do it by yourself.
SB (Social Bookmarking) sites allow votes on all of the links. This
way you can get your links with a lot of voted, depending on your
Method to upvote your links:
- Buy private proxies
- Create X number of accounts for each proxy. (1 SB account = 1 Proxy)
- With main account submit links
Then with secondary (proxy) accounts just upvote your main account
links. But you have to keep in mind diversity, an important factor in
everything, even link building. I would recommend to act natural with
the secondary accounts, submit other links you find valuable to keep a
natural profile; same with the main account. Don’t over do it.
What I am saying, don’t submit too many links withing 1 social
bookmarking site, instead submit to more social bookmarking sites.
How to build backlinks with social bookmarking sites?
It’s quite simple, my honest approach to building backlinks with social bookmarking sites is simple.
Simply submit your backlinks to this type of sites, this way you’ll get a little edge on the competition.
The process for you know don’t know is simple:
- Create Tier 1 backlink (Recommended are super web 2.0)
- Submit Tier 1 backlink to social bookmarking sites (the more you
submit the better, but keep in mind diversity, remember to act like a
normal use from a different country)
Social bookmarks helps you with SEO, I always submit my new posts and
pages to social bookmarking sites, below you will find a list of this
kind of websites. I suggest you always bookmark your new posts and pages
right after you create them, I saw a positive impact on my traffic
after I submitted my stuff. Enjoy!
why social bookmarking of websites?
- Social bookmarking sites helps in increasing brand awareness.
- Social bookmarking websites helps in increasing your website search engine rankings position (SERP) by creating high quality backlinks.
- Social bookmarking sites helps in increasing Google PageRank and Domain Authority
- Social bookmarking websites helps in faster indexing of blog posts.
- Social bookmarking sites helps in increasing website traffic (target traffic).
- Social bookmarking sites helps in reducing website bounce rate.
- Social bookmarking sites helps in making your blog post go viral.
59+ Social Bookmarking/News Sites You Should Consider
:BibSonomy is run by the Knowledge Data Engineering Group of the
University of Kassel, Germany. Its specifically designed for
researchers, in sharing bookmarks and bibliographies
:A social bookmarking site launched by Mindvalley. According to their
site, they launch several web businesses a year and are focused in 3
areas. – Technology, media and Marketing. BlinkList does have a user
friendly interface indicating that its being run well and efficiently.
They also quote “fully profitable” on their site. Furthermore, you can
label and comment about any web page on the Internet.
: Designed specifically for Blog hunters, BlogBookmark.com claims to
have the hottest news, gossip, and blog chatter from around the web. I
highly sugggest that mainstream bloggers bookmark their entire sites
- blurpalicious : Get Blurped! Not too different from other social bookmarks, but I love the tagline.
- Bmaccess : Social bookmarking with thumbs :).
- Bookmark-manager : Organizer for bookmarks, calendar, diary and knowledge.
: You can store your bookmarks and links to your favorite sites online
and access them from wherever you are : basic Social Bookmarking.
- Buddymarks : The online personal, group and social bookmarks manager.
- Citeulike : A free service to help academics to share, store, and organise the academic papers they are reading.
- Clipclip : Clipclip allows you to save images and text, with a “bookmarklet”.
: A unique word analyzer connects to your page, gets all the words and
suggest you the real tags your site is showing to the world.
: Store, share and tag your favourite links. Open source clone of
delicious with private bookmarking, tagging, blogging, and notes
: THE social bookmarking site : It allows you to easily add sites you
like to your personal collection of links and to categorize those sites
with keywords. Not to mention that if enough people save your site in a
bookmark, it will make their popular page and send a lot of traffic.
Delicious is owned by Yahoo and is a MUST for your social media and
- Diigo : Social bookmarking on steroids.
: The social news site that changed the Internet, Digg is a high power
authority and a listing in Digg for a site, even if it only has a couple
of votes, will rank highly on Google and other search engines for
certain terms. If your site is shared and voted upon on Digg, and makes
the Digg homepage, you’ll get a lot of traffic and attention from other
bloggers who read Digg.
- Dropjack : DropJack.com is a social content website and owned by the ExactSeek company.
: Allows users to bookmark their frequently visited sites on their
private page, allowing 1-click access to their favorite web sites.
- ez4u : Social Bookmarking – Ez4u to Bookmark : “Ez4u to Organize Ez4u to Share with Others Ez4u to Remember”
- Favoor : Favoor is your personalized new start page. Collect your favorite internet addresses.
- Folkd : Folkd is a social web-service about pages, news, audios, videos and blogs.
- Freelink : Freelink.org provides free pages of links that you can access anywhere at anytime.
: Like Delicious, LookSmart’s Furl.net is one of the first social
bookmarking sites and considered an authority by the major search
engines. Listing your sites in Furl will lead to traffic from organic
rankings and its popular page drives traffic.
: Gather is a place to contribute articles and content, blog, tag and
connect with people who share your passions. (Plus you can link out from
the articles in this authority site).
: Allows users to save and create bookmarks in their Google toolbar
that can be accessed anywhere online. Google is getting more social by
the day, so take advantage of their Google Bookamrks and citations,
because one day they probably will have some kind of influence on
external meta data considered by the Google ranking algortihm.
- Hyperlinkomatic : This is a bookmark list manager.
: i89.us offers a free service which allows you to save your favorite
website/links at one location that can be accessed from anywhere.
- Icio : Danish bookmarking engine.
- Ikeepbookmarks : Popup feature allows you to add links while surfing the web
- Iloggo : Simple web based bookmarking tool that you can use for attractively displaying your favorite websites on one page.
- Kaboodle : Kaboodle is a 2.0 shopping community where people recommend and discover new things.
- Kinja : Kinja is a blog guide, collecting news and commentary from some of the best sites on the web.
: Lilisto lets you store, manage and find your favorite links (or
bookmarks) and removes the need to maintain them through your browser.
- Linkagogo : Favorites and Social Bookmarking Application, its unique dynamic toolbars automatically adapt themselves.
- Linkarena : German Social Bookmarking site.
- Markaboo : MarkaBoo is tool for saving websites, files, and notes from your browser, email or mobile phone.
- Memotoo :Lets users centralize and share your personal data.
- Mister Wong : Mister Wong is a social bookmarking site that originated in Germany, and has since become a popular and widespread tool.
- Murl : My URLs is a free online bookmarks manager, think of it as a bookmarks community.
: MyBookmarks – access your bookmarks anytime, anywhere. Free
productivity tool for business, student or personal use. Another popular
- Myhq : Store your bookmarks in one central location. Fast, text-based, banner free!
- MyLife: A social search engine where users can find others
- mySiteVote : mySiteVote is a community where you can vote your favorite site/s and view how popular a site is.
- MyWebDesktop : A collaboration and communication tool, designed to be as generic and easy to use as a telephone and email.
- Newsvine : The mission of Newsvine is to bring together big and little media in a way which respects established journalism. .
: Timely and shocking news oriented, Reddit stories are instantly voted
upon and if liked by the community as a whole, can drive incredible
traffic and users.
- Segnalo : Italian Social bookmarking site.
: A solution for people who use multiple browsers or computers and want
to have their bookmarks available from anywhere without need to
:Free online bookmark manager. Like every other social bookmarking
site, it allows users to manage all of their bookmarks online in one
: The godfather of social news, SlashDot bookmarks are still quite
powerful .. keep in mind the site has a heavy slant towards Linux and
Open Source issues.
:Kind of spammed out, Squidoo is a 2.0 property which lets people and
businesses set up a ‘lens’ which lists links, tags and relevant RSS
feeds to different subjects.
: I’ve noticed that StartAid bookmark pages rank highly in Google and
other search engines. This basic bookmarking service allows users to
describe, tag and categorize sites.
: Owned by eBay, StumbleUpon is an amazing blend of social bookmarking,
voting, networking, web surfing, search and blogging. Best of all,
StumbleUpon can send major traffic with its userbase of around 3 million
: The Stylehive is a collection of all the best products, brands,
designers and stores discovered and tagged by the Hive community
- Tagza : A very young Social Bookmarking site mostly being used by Indian and Pakistani web masters.
- Whitelinks : Securely store and quickly access favorite websites whenever connected to the Internet,:
- Wirefan : Social bookmarking, news articles submission site.:
- Xilinus : Organize and manage bookmarks online.:
- Yahoo! Bookmarks:
Easily one of the most popular social search and bookmarking service on
the web. It’s similar to Delicious and something they launched before
acquiring Delicious. Yahoo Bookmarks lets users store bookmarks using
their Yahoo Toolbar and access them from any computer.