Washington tells off Pyongyang over ‘failed’ missile test

April 23, 2016 7:03 pm

US slams over its latest missile test. (file photo)

The United States has criticized North Korea over its latest missile test which apparently failed following its launch from a submarine.
The US on Saturday slammed Pyongyang’s test as “a clear violation” of UN Security Council resolutions, saying it was watching North’s moves intently.
 “We closely monitor North Korean activities and the situation on the Korean peninsula, especially North Korean military activities,” US State Department spokesman John Kirby said in a statement.
“Launches using ballistic missile technology are a clear violation of multiple UN Security Council resolutions. We call on North Korea to refrain from actions that further destabilize the region and focus instead on taking concrete steps toward fulfilling its commitments and international obligations.”
The warning followed the South Korean Defense Ministry’s earlier announcement that North’s submarine-launched ballistic missile failed after flying 30 kilometers (18 miles) in the Sea of Japan.
North Korea says it has conducted a number of successful submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) tests.
Last month, the country threatened to launch a nuclear strike on Washington if the United States provokes it.
Pyongyang accuses the US of plotting with regional allies to topple its government, saying it will not relinquish its nuclear deterrence unless Washington ends its hostile policy toward Pyongyang and dissolves the US-led UN command in South Korea.
Tags:
shared on wplocker.com