Jihadi John tops secret ‘kill list’ of five Isil extremists

September 8, 2015 10:04 am

 

An
arrangement of British daily newspapers show the front-page headlines
and stories regarding the identification of the masked Islamic State
group militant ‘Jihadi John’. Photo / Getty Images

Jihadi John is at the head of a “kill list” of five Isis extremists
signed off by British Prime Minister David Cameron as legitimate targets
for drone strikes in Syria, the Daily Telegraph understands.
Michael
Fallon, the Defence Secretary, said that Britain would “not hesitate”
to carry out strikes against jihadists plotting to carry out “armed
attacks on our streets”.
He indicated that further air strikes could
be carried out in Syria within weeks to prevent terrorist atrocities in
the UK from “coming to fruition”.
The Prime Minister disclosed on
Tuesday that two British jihadists were killed in Syria by UK forces
while another was killed in a targeted US airstrike three days later.
One
was said on Tuesday to have been linked to a plot focused on the VJ
commemorations in London in August – which predated the drone attack.

Sky News reported that two were targeted for being “part of a jihadi internet warfare cell” and recruiters.
A
senior Whitehall security source told the Daily Telegraph that all
three were linked to Isis (Islamic State) cell behind the shootings in
Tunisia which killed 31 Britons.
Fallon said: “There are other
terrorists involved in other plots that may come to fruition over the
next few weeks and months. We wouldn’t hesitate to do it again if we
knew there was an armed attack planned and we knew who was behind it.
“There
is a group of people who have lists of targets in our country, who are
planning armed attacks on our streets, who are planning to disrupt major
public events in this country. Our job to keep us safe, with the
security agencies, is to find out who they are, to track them down and,
if there is no other way of preventing these attacks, then yes we will
authorise strikes like we did.”
Fallon also attacked the
“absurdity” of British armed forces being authorised to carry out
missile strikes against Isis in Iraq but not in neighbouring Syria. He
suggested that the Government was likely to return to Parliament for a
vote on formally extending air strikes later this year.
The existence of a “kill list” was denied by Downing Street earlier in the week, but appeared to be confirmed by Fallon.
He refused to say how many jihadists were being targeted, but sources told the Daily Telegraph there were five names.
Cameron
approved targets at a meeting of the National Security Council in May,
shortly after the general election. The Attorney General was at the
meeting and confirmed the legal basis for the action.
On August
21 one of the main targets, Reyaad Khan, 21, was killed in an air strike
by an RAF drone. He was targeted after it emerged he was leading a plot
to attack the VJ commemoration services in London last month.
Ruhul Amin, another British jihadist described as an Isis “associate”, was killed in the same attack.
Three
days later Junaid Hussain, a British jihadist who was one of Isis’ most
notorious recruiters and computer hackers, was killed in a separate US
air strike.
Mohammed Emwazi, a 26-year-old from London, was unmasked as Jihadi John, Isis’ executioner-in-chief, in February.
He is wanted for the murder of several British and American hostages, and is thought to be in hiding in Syria.
Omar
Hussain, a former supermarket security guard from High Wycombe, is
thought to be on the list after becoming one of Isis’ most prominent
recruiters. Raphael Hostey, from Manchester, who is believed to have
persuaded dozens of Britons to join Isis, and Siddharta Dhar, a former
aide to hate preacher Anjem Choudary, are also likely candidates.
The Government is likely to face significant scrutiny over whether the air strike in Syria was legal.
Crispin
Blunt, the chairman of the Foreign Affairs select committee, told BBC
Radio 4’s World at One: “We need to understand whether the self-defence
case stands up in this.” He said he would support “a full reference to
the Intelligence and Security Committee”.
Rights Watch, a human
rights group, said it had started legal action against the Government to
force it to reveal the legal advice used to justify the air strike.

shared on wplocker.com