Wicked Secret Conspiracy To Rubbish The Nigeria 2015 Elections

February 12, 2015 1:43 am

The conspiracy to scuttle this year’s general elections which was
postponed from February to March and April, is said to be gaining
momentum, following allegation by the National Publicity Secretary of
the , Alhaji Lai Mohammed that leaders of the are planning a
meeting with some military top brass on how to rig the election at all
cost in favour of President Goodluck Jonathan.

According to PM report, a military source at the 1 Division of the
Nigerian Army in Kaduna confirmed that the Presidency is working hard
and also using the opportunity of the postponement of the coming
elections to rig back President Jonathan to Aso Rock in a do-or-die
tactics.

The security source said: “A secret memo has been forwarded to
all the heads of Divisions, Brigades and Battalions of the Nigerian Army
across the country for a 3-day strategic meeting in Kaduna this week.
The agenda of the meeting is on the coming elections and how to
effectively use the military to intimidate voters especially in all the
strong areas of the opposition across the country. The meeting will also
be attended by the head of the special presidential task force and
other Service Chiefs. The Army Chiefs will work with other security arms
of government to rig the coming election in favour of GEJ.”

Also, Senator Babafemi Ojudu has revealed President Goodluck Jonathan’s
secret plot to avoid election and extend his tenure by two years on the
grounds that is at war.
Senator Ojudu (APC, Ekiti Central) told members of the Afenifere Renewal
Group (ARG) that Jonathan has been making spirited moves to court
National Assembly members into approving his agenda for the two-year
tenure elongation.

According to the Daily Trust, Ojudu made the revelation on Tuesday while
addressing the ARG gathering at the University of Ibadan with the theme
The change Yoruba will vote for.”

Senator Ojudu, in his submission, said: “If anybody thinks there is
going to be elections on March 28, the person is deceiving himself. All
the people that are close to me, especially my friends, I told them a
year ago that there would not be election and that they are just
deceiving us.

“Some of us who are perceptive have seen
this in the body language of our colleagues; the body language of the
Senate President himself, David Mark. When we came back from the
summer recess last year, he said that for him, it’s not time for
election. We should not be thinking of elections now, rather we should
be thinking of fighting Boko Haram. The moment we took him up on that,
he reversed himself.

“There are conscious attempts at lobbying some of us to work against
having elections. Therefore, where they have got to now is the
preliminary stage.

“We will resume next week Tuesday. I can assure you, they may likely
bring a motion asking us to adjourn or postpone the elections for six
months because there is an ongoing war.

“The constitution allows this. The constitution states that where and
when there is a war in any corner of the country, the President can
bring a motion to the National Assembly to postpone the elections for
six months in the first instance and this can be passed by just a simple
majority.

“If you think at this time that they may not get simple majority, you
may be wrong. This is because 80 per cent of the senators and House of
Representatives members are not returning, not out of choice. Perhaps, I
am the only person who is not returning out of choice in the entire
National Assembly. All others attempted but they did not make it.

“This may surprise you, we are all broke. If they say we want to give
you two more years as it is being quietly requested by Jonathan,
virtually everybody will vote for that.”

He said Jonathan had been pleading that
the National Assembly should allow him to continue for two more years
because he feared that if the election holds and a northern Muslim wins,
there may be problems in the Niger Delta, adding that Jonathan also
argued that if he wins there would be problem in the north.

“Therefore, the solution is for him to do two more years and at the
end… you can have northern-northern and Muslim-Muslim candidates. That
is their logic and that is what they are working towards. Left to us,
they know it shall not pass. We must have to start crying out now and be
strategic in our planning,” he said.

“We are about entering into a very long night in Nigeria. It is a very
sad thing that whenever we thought we have made a progress, we take ten
steps backward. This is what is happening now.”

Plans had been concluded to present the request to the National Assembly ahead of members’ resumption next Tuesday.

“We have been told that the president will forward the request to us in
the National Assembly in which he will declare that Nigeria is now in a
state of war as foreign troops under the multinational joint forces of
the African Union are now in Nigeria,” the source said.

“The presence of the foreign troops must be backed by appropriate legal
instrument and that is why the relevant constitutional provisions must
be invoked,” the source said.

The president, sources said, will request the National Assembly to
approve the six months tenure extension in accordance with the
provisions of the constitution which allow for elongation of tenure of
political office holders if the nation is in a state of war.

A source in the legislature said already, “monies have been made available to induce lawmakers into approving the request.
Again, they know that 65 percent of the National Assembly members do
not have return tickets and many of us may be willing to approve the
extension,” the source who is ranking lawmaker said.

The initial six months extension would be used as a smokescreen for
subsequent extensions as the president will request for three more
extensions to make it two years.

When contacted, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Rules and Business
Senator Ita Enang declined to comment saying “I am not aware of it and I
won’t talk about what is not before us.”

However, Senator (APC, Borno) said any such request
must be approved by 2/3rd majority of each chamber of the National
Assembly and “as far as I am concerned, it
won’t scale through. We will defeat it. APC has majority in the House
and they (PDP) do not have 2/3rd majority in the senate,” he added.

Another source said if the tenure extension plot fails the Presidency
would resort to “Plan B”. He said this entails setting up interim
government to be headed by a former leader or an ex-security chief.

Sources said the idea of handing over to an interim government is the
last card to be played by the presidency as hopes for Jonathan’s
re-election keeps dwindling.

Tags:
shared on wplocker.com