Shocking confession of the suspected killer of 35-year-old housewife

February 8, 2015 4:45 pm

This is the shocking confession of the suspected killer of 35-year-old
housewife, Martha Ifeoma Ifewulu who was discovered at her house in a
pool of her blood. The mother of four and wife of Chief Lawrence
Ugochukwu Ifewulu, 52, was murdered by an unknown person few hours
before her children arrived from school.
On closer examination, it was discovered that the silky-soft skin of her
throat was hideously slashed with a knife like that of a goat.

Surprisingly, the husband later was reported to have alleged that one
Collins should be held responsible for the death of his wife. The
grieving husband also alleged that the wife might have been killed to
prevent her from divulging their plans to kill him, dispose off his
assets and elope to Canada with his children.
A shocker then came early January, 2015, when a call from an unknown
telephone number was received by this reporter. The caller who was
sounding as if he was in a hurry asked if he was speaking with Emma
Nnaedozie of Vanguard and I corrected him by saying my name is Emma
Nnadozie. He apologised and went ahead to introduce himself as Collins
Nwafor, the one that police were suspecting to be the killer of a
housewife at Oke-Afa, Lagos.


“I am Collins Nwafor ,39, from Umuawulu in Awka South L.G.A, Anambra
State. I read Marketing at the IMT, Enugu. I left school in 1999 and
served in Edo State in 2010. After that, I proceeded to Port-Harcourt
where I started life as a clearing agent with Chapman Resources.

From there, I went to South Africa where I stayed for about four years
dealing on telephone accessories. I came back to Nigeria in 2011 and
later proceeded to Europe, Germany and Norway where I spent about two
years. I came back in September 2012.


On June 13, 2013, I met Mrs. Ifeoma Ifewulu at her shop in Ago Palaace
Way, Lagos. I was passing through the Mall on that street, I saw people
promoting their goods in the shop and both of us watched them after
which we exchanged numbers.

From there, we started exchanging calls and we became intimate friends.
The first time we made love was in her car, a green Honda Baby Boy,
after she dropped me in front of my house. We were there till 12
midnight and I asked if she was married but she did not reply. Later,
she spent a weekend with me and when I insisted on knowing her marital
status, she told me that her husband is a big man but she wanted to feel

She said she needed company and that she had two boys and two girls.
From then, our love blossomed. After sometime, she told me that her
husband’s birthday was in August, I advised her how to commemorate it
with him, buy food and take the kids to his office as a surprise which
she did and she later told me that her husband appreciated it. We
continued our relationship till December when she even spent the
Christmas with me after the husband bought a Toyota Corolla for her.


We stayed behind from December 29th 2013 after the husband travelled
till January 5th, 2014. We were in my house at Isolo, few meters away
from her matrimonial home at the same Oke-Afa. We kept on meeting and
enjoying ourselves till the middle of the year when I discovered that
she was also a lesbian. I was able to know this through the attitude of
her friends who visit her in her shop.

Even when they go to parties, they kiss and romance themselves openly. I
also discovered that she has many other boyfriends. My investigation
showed that I was the fourth in the series of boyfriends she had.
Nevertheless, we continued our relationship till April when her mother

We organized the burial programme including how to buy expensive lace
materials for well- to- do men that would attend the burial.

So you discovered that they used to keep girls in the shop? “They are
lesbians and the way she went with men, she was sleeping with men. I was
the fourth boy friend she had going by what she told me. So from
January 14th, February, March, we started dating and by April or so, the
mother died and we planned to buy some clothes to give to twenty
different men for them to attend the mother’s burial which we did.


So, when she got to the office of this wealthy Clearing and Forwarding
Agent (name withheld), she whispered to me that the man has been
toasting her for the past 13 years and had also tried to rape her in her
house in two to three occasions but failed. When we met the agent, he
told her that if she wanted him to come for the burial, she should come
to the hotel and make love to him. After all said and done, the burial
was fixed for June.


At this juncture, I would like to tell you my relationship with the
wealthy agent. When I came back from Europe in September 2012, I met
him in July 2013, he told me that since I was in the country, he would
be giving me containers for me to be clearing, that we should be doing
something together. If he wanted to travel, he would call me and I
would go with him and act like his personal assistant.

So by December, he gave me fifty thousand naira to travel with him. I
protested that the money was too meagre going by the fact that he just
bought a car worth thirty something million naira. In anger, he
travelled without me. I ended up spending the Xmas with Mrs. Ifewulu who
stayed behind after her husband travelled on December 29th, 2014. We
stayed together from that 29th to 5th of January when the husband came
back and brought her sick mother back to Lagos. Later, her mother died
in March. While she was sick, I used to visit her in Awka with Mrs.

We always stayed in a hotel at Asaba, Delta state. They buried the woman
on June 7th. We went for her burial. When we got there, the wealthy
clearing agent noticed the intimacy between me and Mrs. Ifewulu and he
was visibly angry with me. Later, he even accosted me and asked me why I
should be “eating the food that belonged to the masters”.


A very ugly incident took place after we attended the burial.

When we later retired to the wealthy agent’s home at Umuawulu, Awka,
Anambra State, he wanted me to escort him to a relation’s home nearby.
But I refused, claiming that I was tired. Few minutes after he stepped
out, the gate man announced the presence of two women who wanted to see
him. I thought that he was back and quickly climbed the stairs to his
apartment. And after I called several times without response, I even
stepped into a container filled with blood and two egg-like objects
beside it.

In shock, I quickly left the room and as I was descending the stairs, I
saw him climbing up. When he saw me he asked whether I entered his
bathroom but I quickly denied. He then furiously left me. The following
morning when we were all supposed to fly back to Lagos together, he said
I should rather go with his driver by road.


Unfortunately, as we were getting into Edo State, we had an accident
that got two of us trapped inside the vehicle. When sympathizers came to
rescue us, they called him on my phone to inform him about our plight
but they were all shocked when he asked them whether I was alive and
after they told him yes, he switched off his phone.

It was Mrs. Ifewulu who later called and she came and took us to the
hospital. She even paid the bills but the wealthy forwarder did not care
about us until after we were discharged and returned to Lagos. He
offered me N30,000.00 which I refused.


That signalled the cold war between us and after sometime, I also
started feeling guilty over my relationship with Mrs. Ifewulu because
things were not moving fine with me. I summoned courage and called her
on phone to break the , that I was no longer interested in the
relationship. On hearing this, she turned off the phone and told me she
was coming.

She later came and started pleading that I should remember that we have
gone very far in the affair, that I am the only man she has fallen
deeply in love with, that her relationships before we met did not exceed
2-3 months, that I was the fourth boy friend she was having. I told her
no, that I didn’t have something doing, that I was a young man not
married. I told her I wanted to be focussed; I wanted to know what I was
doing. I never knew she was a bisexual and they have strong cult group
at Jakande Estate and I have been there with her for one or two parties.


After this, her friends were rebuking me for stopping the affair. The
pressure was so much and I had to go to a Reverend Father at SS Peter
and Paul Catholic church, Oke- Afo. I confessed to him by telling him
all about my relationship with the woman. The Reverend father was
shocked and immediately demanded for her number which I released to him.

He invited the couple, the husband was wearing a basket ball short and
singlet outside the church and was drinking bottled water, the wife was
putting on a black skirt and a red top. The Rev. Father started asking
her about me, the lady denied. The father then came out to call me into
his office. I followed him and when Mrs. Ifewulu saw me, she stood up to
leave, and then the reverend held her at the door and told her to sit
and said, you told me you didn’t know this man.

She sat down, and then I knelt down and started crying and pleading that
I didn’t know what happened, that I was not interested any more and
that we should all be left alone, we would just be friends.


She then told the Reverend Father that she has heard and she opened the
door and left. The Father told me not to worry and gave me his number
assuring that he would look into this matter. When she continued
pestering me to continue with the relationship, I went to some of her
friends to plead for their intervention. I also went to other churches
where she attended.

I met two of her friends and invited them to an eatery at Isolo. When
they came, I told them everything and they assured that they would
intervene. I also talked to one of her bosom friends called Isioma,
she took me to see their General Overseer where I also confessed.
After that, the Overseer advised me to relocate from Lagos. I insisted
that I would not run away from Lagos because of a married woman.


It was at this stage that I decided to call the husband and intimate him
with our affair. While the relationship was going on, she willingly
gave me her husband’s number and those of her children. Her children and
her house help all knew me. They called me Uncle Collins. But the
husband and his sister who work in Lagos Island did not know me before
then. I confessed to her husband but now I had known Christ; that I was
no longer interested and that his wife was into women and drug

Later, the husband called me on phone and asked me to give him instances
so that when he would confront her she would not deny it. I then told
the husband so many things. The man said ok. The man called after some
days and said his wife denied it. Then I told him to call one Aaron,
that he should call their elder sister that was at Alaba and also call
the girl’s brother, Ifeanyi and one other person. I also maintained I
would come but he must guarantee me of my protection. He agreed. By
Sunday, he called to say that his wife had agreed.

After some days, the man called to say that his wife told him that bot
of us wanted to kill him. I then told him that if I had such plan, I
would have executed it long ago because I had unrestrained access to him
and his house. And that I would not have confessed to him and even
informed him including men of God to help intervene. In fact, I told him
a lot of intimate things about his family which an outsider should not
ordinarily know including how the wife slept with the man that is making
his business boom. I also told him that the wife carried out abortion

At this stage, he told me to forgive him and that I should keep the
whole story secret. After some days, he called me and said that his wife
gave me a phone, then I told him yes your wife did but I misplaced the
phone. He kept telling me to forgive and forget everything that I
shouldn’t tell anyone. He also intimated me that he had strong suspicion
that the wealthy Clearing and Forwarding agent was into a relationship
with his wife but that she was denying it.

After that encounter, I decided to go for deliverance. I was directed
to Okpoko in Onitsha at Ezenwanyi’s place. They charged me N18,000.00
after which I was taken to a river for the cleansing. Afterwards, I
came back to Lagos and went to the General Overseer who also invited her
and advised her to leave me alone, that we should just be friends. But
she refused.


Then, on December 1st, 2014, I went to Apapa with my friend to get
something and on coming back, I got a call at around past 9pm from her
born- again friend. she asked me if I heard anything from my side or
Ify’s side, I told her no, she hung up. At about 11:30, she called and
told me to pack out from my place, that Ify has been killed. I was
shocked. She called me at 12 midnight again and asked me to leave my
house, I left with one shirt to stay at my friend’s place.The next
morning I came back to my house, although my friend warned me not to go
to my place, I was at my place with the people that came to look for me
when four police men and the woman’s house help came asking my neighbour
about me. My neighbour told them that he had not seen me for the past
two days.


While I was meeting with my people in Lagos over the issue, I
was reliably informed that the wealthy agent had gone to the police to
allege that I was the killer and that I sold human parts. Later,
detectives numbering over 20 invaded my house and harassed every body on
sight. They later met the caretaker who called me on phone and I
narrated my side of the story.

It was later I got to know that both the caretaker and the policemen
listened to my story and after that, one of the policemen confided in
the caretaker that I should not show my face because they have been
asked to kill me immediately they arrest me. I learnt also that the
policemen went to all the places I mentioned including meeting with the
Reverend Father and they all confirmed that I opened up to them about
the affair.

One of the detectives even called to inform me that I should not show up
else they would kill me. That was why I decided to go into hiding.


Since then, two people have been going round, telling people that I killed the woman.
The wealthy agent and another person (name withheld) have gone to my
people in Lagos and I was invited to the village. After I narrated my
story to all the influential men in my village, they took me to a shrine

where I was made to swear to an oath. That proved my innocence.
After this, I called the investigators at Panti and told them that my
relationship with the woman ended since September last year, that I was
innocent of the allegations against me, that they should either
hold(name withheld) or the wealthy agent responsible for her death.


I believe one or both of them know what happened to the woman. This may
be because of my confession and in anger, he may have killed her.
Secondly, I disagreed with the wealthy agent because of the ritual blood
I saw in his country home. This man has been associated with many
strange and mysterious deaths. He may have done it because he was aware I
was no longer with her and he believed if he killed her, people would
put the blame on me.

So, while in the hideout, I read crime page in Vanguard and saw your
number. This is my story and I decided to open up because I know that if
police eventually arrest me, they may not allow justice to prevail. I
suspect that they have been paid to kill me in order to cover up the
crime. The only option left for me now is either to keep on hiding or
for somebody to arrange for me to go into protective custody where I
will be assured that nothing will happen to me and I will quickly show
up and tell the whole truth.”

 This drug business, to what extent were you involved and did you make effort to help her out of it?

“She usually told me, but I kept telling her that I was not interested
in that kind of business. So, she stopped talking to me about that but
I knew she did it and also did pimping too.

Sometimes I accompanied her and the girls she organised to see men for
sexual purposes and she would get paid. She passed the girls to wealthy
men. They met at various places and after wards she would be paid


How do you feel now that your former lover has died in so gruesome a manner?

 “Hmmmm, I feel hurt. No matter what I say, she was a very good and
generous woman. In fact, it was after her death that I realised that a
dead person has no power. Once you are dead, it is all over. If not, I
wonder why such a good woman cannot rise up and not only expose her
killers but take revenge. I leave everything to God, the truth will be

Culled from Vanguard 

Skip to toolbar
shared on