ISIS Releases Annoying Chilling Video of Children as Young as 5 Being Trained for Battle (Photos)

February 23, 2015 8:40 am

A new, very disturbing video which showed young children being trained
as the next generation of was yesterday released by the
Islamic State (). And according to the Daily Mail, some of the boys
in the video appear to be as young as 5 years old. They are seen
answering religious questions and quoting the Quran.

The video was shot at Al Farouk training camp for “cubs,” in Raqqa,
, where ISIS claims its capital. Lasts nine minutes and is in
Arabic.

The video claims the 80 children featured are the children of foreign
fighters who have joined ISIS. An instructor says the most of the
children are in the second phase of training and that they represent
the next generation of ISIS.
Rows of camouflage-clad young boys can be seen in formation following
the instructions of an adult. They are wearing black headbands
associated with ISIS.

At one point they kneel in prayer as the instruction kneels with two
rifles standing in front of him. NBC adds that recruits under 15 are
being trained to use AK-47s and are given dolls to teach them how to
behead people.

“[T]hen they make them watch a beheading, and sometimes they force them
to carry the heads in order to cast the fear away from their hearts,” an
Iraqi security official told NBC.

Syria Deeply reported in September that many people have fled Raqqa
because of forced conscriptions, including the youth training camps.

One father told the website his life was threatened when he opposed his
13-year-old son attending one of the camps. The boy returned home with a
blue-eyed, blond doll in an orange jumpsuit. He also had been given a
knife and told his homework was to practice beheading.

The owner of nine New Zealand shopping malls has been singled out in a threatening video released by an Islamic terrorist group.
Al-Shebab,
also called al-Shabaab – a terrorist group based in parts of the
fractured, failed state of Somalia – released a video advising its
supporters to attack Westfield malls around the world.
The group murdered at least 63 people in a September 2013 attack in the Westgate mall in Nairobi, .
In the new video, a suspected al-Shebab operative specifically
advocated attacking major shopping centres in countries including Canada
and the United States.
Westfield, which was founded in Australia, released a response to the video this afternoon.

Its Australasian arm Scentre Group — which operates 47
Westfield-branded shopping centres on both sides of the Tasman,
including nine in New Zealand — said it was taking steps to keep its
shopping centres safe.
“There is no evidence of an imminent
threat to our shopping centres but as always Scentre Group will take
every available step to keep our shopping centres safe for staff,
retailers and customers,” it said in a statement today.
“Scentre
Group’s policy is to not publicly discuss security procedures, however
our heads of security continue to coordinate their activities with
police and government agencies.
“As usual, significant resources
continue to be devoted to security arrangements in our offices and
shopping centres and they continue to operate as normal.”
Several
retailers at Westfield malls in central Auckland and Glenfield, on the
North Shore, said they had not received any directives from Westfield in
response to the video.
“I’ve heard of that story but I haven’t
really heard of anything within the Westfield atmosphere here,” one
Glenfield retailer said. “I’ve only heard it online.”
The US Homeland Security Department said today NZT it was unaware of any specific plot against American shopping malls.
Former
Somali cabinet minister Abdisaid Ali alleged in 2008 that New Zealand
business were among those funding extremists in Somalia, of which
al-Shebab was by far the most prominent group.
In May 2013,
Wellington man Adam Deer’s account was closed following concerns it was
being used to launder money or finance , Fairfax reported.
Mr
Deer, who arrived here from Somalia around late 2009, steadfastly
denied any wrongdoing and said the money was being sent to his poor
mother and other relatives at risk of starvation.
The Wellington
Somali Council could not immediately be reached for comment, but
Somalians in New Zealand have previously voiced safety concerns when
members of the diaspora here were the subjects of adverse publicity.
The US Department of State has said al-Shebab had stolen money from diaspora donors intended for humanitarian purposes.
The New Zealand Government has designated al-Shebab as a terrorist entity, one of 19 such groups.
The
group was linked to al-Qaeda and desired the creation of a
fundamentalist Islamic state in Somalia, according to the Council on
Foreign Relations (CFR), a nonprofit think-tank based in Washington DC.
The
group withered in recent years after a prolonged African Union campaign
but remained a threat to peace in other countries, the think-tank
added.
The group exploited Somali nationalist, anti-Ethiopian and
anti-Western sentiments to seduce some members of the Somali diaspora
into adopting its worldview, the International Centre for the Study of
Radicalisation and Political Violence (ICSR) said in a 2012 study.
“While
the threat that al-Shabaab poses to the West can easily be overstated,
its outreach to Muslims living in Europe and the United States has been
successful relative to other al-Qaeda-linked groups and warrants
exploration,” the ICSR said.
Al-Shebab enjoyed using Twitter,
digital video and alternative media to promote its worldview, and ICSR
said the West had been slow to keep tabs on the terrorist outfit’s
propaganda.
The video release came as Cabinet discussed the
expected deployment of New Zealand troops to help the Iraqi government
fight the so-called Islamic State.
Prime Minister John Key will make an announcement on the deployment tomorrow.

Parliament split

Mr Key said this morning that New Zealand did not have a “realistic option of doing nothing” in the fight against Isis.
The
proposal to send troops to fight Isis has split Parliament, with even
some of Mr Key’s allies vehemently opposed to intervening in the Middle
East.
Mr Key has become increasingly vocal about his belief of
the nation’s need to intervene, and today said he didn’t believe doing
nothing was a realistic option.
Speaking on NewstalkZB this
morning, he said he believed the public was “by a majority in favour” of
deploying troops to join the fight, because of the increasing brutality
of Isis’ violent actions.
“Obviously there are a number of
people opposed, so it’s not a slam dunk, but every poll I’ve ever seen
… show a majority in favour,” he said.
“I think what the public
are responding to, is they’re saying the same thing I’m saying, ‘Well
these people are grotesque and they’re brutal’, and we really, I don’t
think, have a realistic option of saying [and] doing nothing. So the
question becomes, ‘Ok, well what do you do’ because 60 countries are
doing something.

High risk

“I think also
New Zealanders are prolific travellers, these guys are using the
internet to tap into people locally, we travel in the region, we’ve more
often than not been the victims, unfortunately, in previous terrorist
attacks, so I think people can understand what’s going on.”
Cabinet had “a lot to consider”, but “for the most part” the complexities around the issue had been sorted out.
“There are some very, very minor things, I think, to tidy up, but for the most part I think we’ve got the answers we need.”
If Cabinet votes in favour of sending troops to , there was “a risk” lives could be lost, Mr Key acknowledged.
“On
the basis that if we were to send people, I think you have to accept
it’s a high risk environment, so there is a risk [that lives will be
lost], I don’t think you can say that there’s absolutely no risk.
“But
on the other side of the coin, I think the way to look at that is, ‘do
we run the risk of losing lives of New Zealanders on the basis that Isis
becomes stronger?’ and the answer, I believe, to that is ‘yes’.”
Mr
Key said any decision on whether to send the New Zealand Defence Force
to the would not be announced until tomorrow. He would not
be drawn on possible dates for deployment of troops, or a possible
return date, if Cabinet does give the green light.

Tags:
shared on wplocker.com